Home Service Agreements Posted by March 6th, 2018
Take advantage of our home service agreements to make sure your HVAC equipment is always in top shape.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Under a Home Service Agreement (HSA), you will receive 2 maintenance inspections per year (ideally this means 1 maintenance in the heating season and 1 maintenance in the cooling season).
- By signing up as an HSA customer, you will receive 15% off parts if a repair to your system is needed.
- You never have to worry about being charged overtime, even on the weekends or holidays. As an HSA customer, you will always be treated as a priority customer.
- During each HSA inspection, your filters will be changed (standard 1-inch filters).
- We recommend changing these filters on your own, as well. Filters should be changed on a monthly basis, and even more often if your home has a high traffic volume or several pets, or if you live on a gravel road.
HSA inspections will follow industry-recommended procedures and will include the following checklist as applicable to your system:
- Clean and treat drain pan, line, switches, and pumps
- Check refrigeration charge
- Inspect, clean, and replace 1” filters
- Inspect ductwork
- Inspect and clean coils (min. 1 time per year)
- Check and lubricate motors and bearings
- Check defrost controls
- Inspect indoor blower wheel
- Check and tighten electrical components
- Check voltage and amp draw of motors
- Inspect safety controls for proper protection
- Test gas valve operation (gas furnace)
- Check and clean burner section (gas furnace)
- Clean and inspect heat exchanger (gas furnace)
- Inspect flue pipe (gas furnace)