It’s important to know the signs that indicate a need for furnace repair.
At Webb Heating & Air Conditioning, we like to share some of the basic warning signs that indicate you need furnace repair. By educating our customers about how their heating system should be working, we’re able to help them avoid more expensive repairs and replacements. We’re also able to minimize the likelihood of an emergency if you can recognize smaller signs that the heating isn’t working correctly.
You probably need furnace repair if you’re experiencing any of the following signs:
- Strange sounds or smells coming from your ducts or vents; or strange sounds coming from the unit itself when it is running
- Cool air blowing from the vents when the thermostat is set to a warm temperature
- Little to no air flow coming from the vents when the heat is running
- The heating system isn’t responding when you change the thermostat
- More expensive utilities than usual because the system is constantly running, but unable to obtain the correct temperature that it has been set to
- You have old appliances that are not efficient
- The appliances you have are not the correct size for the space they are intended to heat
Even if it seems like a hassle to call us in to inspect your system, we promise that you’ll be glad you took care of small issues before they became more serious. Furnace repairs, if handled early on, are usually inexpensive and will allow you to enjoy the comfort of your home or building. You could also end up wasting a lot of money on monthly utilities if you put off getting your system repaired.